Mary M. Miner focuses her practice on providing regulatory compliance counsel to health care and human services entities under various New York State and federal laws, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, Civil Monetary Penalties Law and HIPAA. She also reviews third-party vendor contracts to help clients mitigate risks and evaluate potential compliance concerns.
In addition, Ms. Miner regularly assists clients with formation and operating approvals, governance documents and other compliance and licensure issues. Ms. Miner works with a variety of health care clients including large full spectrum health systems, clinics, home health agencies, alcohol and substance abuse treatment centers and long term care facilities.
- Advising health care providers and health plans on various aspects of HIPAA compliance, including the preparation and review of HIPAA Policies and Procedures, Business Associate Agreements and Notices of Privacy Practices.
- Updating organizational bylaws and policies in compliance with New York Not-For-Profit Corporation Law.
- Developing corporate compliance programs and related policies and procedures.
- Developing admission agreements and policies for residential health and adult care facilities.
- Instructing clients on federal regulations and guidance for prohibited inducements to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Reviewing and responding to subpoenas for protected health information.
- Preparation and review of employment and professional services agreements.
- Formation of captive medical practices.
- Advising on New York limits to executive compensation and administrative expenses.