With over two decades of experience representing various school districts across New York State, Renee James counsels clients in our Labor & Employment, Education, and Municipal Practices. She has a breadth of experience advising private and public sector employers in the areas of education and employment law, including special and general education issues, Title IX, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Ms. James has represented the New York State Public High School Athletic Association since 2005.
- Successfully arbitrated employee discharge and contract interpretation matters
- Successfully defended school districts, NYSPHSAA and Section III in numerous Article 78 Proceedings
- Successfully defended school districts in IDEA matters in impartial hearings, appeals to the State Review Officers and Federal court
- Successfully defended school districts and NYSPHSAA in Title VII, ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act claims in Federal Court
- Successfully defended school districts, NYSPHSAA and Section III in numerus 310 Appeals to the Commissioner
- Participated in the drafting of the NYSPHSAA Transgender Guidelines for Student Athletes