Robert D. Poyer has over 10 years of experience in general business practice, with a focus on complex financing transactions. Mr. Poyer has served in several capacities on taxable, tax-exempt and equity financing transactions, including lender’s counsel, borrower’s counsel, bond counsel, trustee’s counsel, and underwriter’s counsel. These financings have spanned an array of industries, such as hospitality, retail, information technology, life sciences, healthcare, and long-term care. Mr. Poyer prides himself on learning his clients’ businesses quickly and thoroughly and tailoring his legal advice to their needs.
- Served as counsel to hospital in a $93 Million tax-exempt bond financing transaction
- Counsel to lender in $42 Million loan to mixed retail and residential development
- Counsel to lender in $19 Million loan to hotel developer
- Counsel to borrower in $32 Million tax-exempt student housing project
- Counsel to hospital in a $5.5 Million tax-exempt lease transaction
- Counsel to long-term care facility in $33 Million tax-exempt financing
- Bond counsel for the issuance of $6.6 Million industrial development bonds
- Counsel to company in $1.2 Million equity private placement
- Served as counsel to various banks in relation to the financing of hospital expansions valued at up to $68 million.
- Served as counsel to a bank in a $9 million financing of a manufacturing facility.
- Served as counsel to a borrower in a $33 million financing of a student housing facility.
- Served as counsel to various borrowers in relation to the financing of hospital expansions valued at up to $64 million.
- Served as counsel to a retail pharmacy chain in an equity restructuring.
- Served as counsel to an industrial development agency in a lease/leaseback transaction.