The attorneys of Hancock Estabrook represent clients in all aspects of aviation and emerging unmanned aircraft systems (“UAS”) law including transactional, regulatory and litigation matters. We have represented municipalities, technology startups, manufacturers and airport authorities for over 30 years. Our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys stay abreast of the ever-changing regulatory environment to best guide our clients through legal issues that may arise, including advancements in technology and equipment, increased reporting responsibilities and operation and ownership issues.
Central New York is home to Griffiss International Airport, one of six regional UAS test sites and a hotbed of emerging UAS technologies. The region is also home to UAS-focused incubator and accelerator programs, which offer valuable assistance to start-up and early stage companies. Among our other services, we provide clients with practical, results-driven advice relating to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Part 107 regulations, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations.
Our multidisciplinary team of attorneys provides effective and timely counsel that best suits each client’s unique needs and situations.
We provide a variety of legal services on many issues, including:
- Licensing and regulatory issues
- Corporate formation and structure
- Early stage and late stage financing
- Import and export guidance
- Government bidding and contracting
- Federal compliance issues
- Environmental and noise issues
- FAA regulation compliance
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements
- Operation and ownership agreements
- Employment related matters
- Union labor negotiations
- Intellectual property
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Land use and leasing
- Construction and procurement