John Murad is a senior trial attorney in the Firm’s Litigation practice group. His clients include national and local manufacturers and businesses, healthcare professionals, municipalities, and not-for-profit organizations. His practice has included the defense of manufacturers and businesses in product liability and toxic tort litigation. These cases have included claims of exposure to asbestos, benzene, lead and fuels. He has successfully defended healthcare professionals in malpractice litigation and disciplinary proceedings before the New York State Office of Professional Discipline.
Mr. Murad was recognized for excellence as a trial attorney in 2005 when he was inducted into the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. Membership is by invitation only and limited to 1% of trial lawyers in the United States. Members are chosen based upon their demonstrated excellence as a trial attorney, together with the highest standards of ethical conduct and professionalism.
Mr. Murad serves as a mediator in the Northern District of New York Alternative Disposition Resolution Program and is retained regularly as a mediator and arbitrator. He has served as a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and as Chair of its Litigation Practice Group.
- Obtained defense verdict in a wrongful death action against a laundry manufacturer for alleged defect in design and manufacturer of industrial dryer (New York State Supreme, Court Onondaga County).
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of a national automobile manufacturer for Plaintiff’s amputation of fingers from alleged defect in design and manufacturer of wheel cover (New York State Supreme Court, Chemung County).
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of a healthcare institution for alleged wrongful death due as a result of malnutrition and lithium toxicity (New York State Supreme Court, Onondaga County).
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts on behalf of oral surgeons and dentists throughout New York State.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of School District against its employee who alleged sexual harassment and retaliation (U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York)
- Obtained verdict on behalf of a local petroleum distributor against underground tank relining company for discharge of petroleum (New York State Supreme Court, Otsego County).
- Obtained defense verdict for oral surgeon for alleged malpractice and fraud in a multidistrict litigation involving pediatric dental clinics (New York State Supreme Court, Onondaga County).
- Obtained verdict revoking Will based upon the Beneficiary’s undue influence (New York State Surrogate’s Court, Monroe County).
- Obtained a defense jury verdict for a restaurant owner in which the plaintiff alleged a sexual assault and other serious personal injuries as a result of an altercation with a patron who was allegedly served alcohol while intoxicated and underage (U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York).
- Obtained judgment in a Bench Trial in a minority shareholder action in a closely held corporation (New York State Supreme Court, Madison County).
- Successfully defended a healthcare professional who was sued in an adversary proceeding for alleged conversion of a dental practice (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey).
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of The Mohawk Valley Water Authority against a hydroelectric power company declaring client’s exclusive right to withdraw water from Hinckley Reservoir (New York State Supreme Court, Oneida County).
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a municipal client for alleged malicious prosecution of a Clarkson University Soccer Coach for alleged murder of a minor (U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York).
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of clients alleged to have manufactured or sold products containing asbestos (New York State Supreme Court, Onondaga County).
- Obtained summary judgment in several matters alleging breach of warranty by a commercial laundry manufacturer (New York State Supreme Court, Onondaga County).
- Obtained favorable settlement after two week trial on behalf of a local chemical company against a subcontractor performing repairs to its trenching system which resulted in discharge of chromium and nickel into adjacent properties (New York State Supreme Court, Onondaga County).
- Obtained $1 Million Dollar settlement on behalf of a municipal client against a national petroleum distributor for contamination of a neighborhood due as a result of discharge from underground storage tanks (New York State Supreme Court, Oneida County).
- Successfully defended multiple healthcare providers before the New York State Education Department’s Office of Professional Discipline for over 25 years.
- Presently representing manufacturers in alleged benzene contamination cases (New York State Supreme Court, Onondaga County).
- Currently representing a municipality in defense of class action for alleged contamination of lead and arsenic (New York State Supreme Court, Ontario County).
- Currently representing several not-for-profits agencies throughout New York State against allegations of sexual abuse, molestation and personal injury.