Thomas C. Cambier represents national insurance carriers, trucking and transportation entities and local insurance companies in a wide variety of legal matters including coverage disputes and litigation. Focusing his practice on high exposure liability issues, Mr. Cambier provides clients with practical and cost-effective solutions to a broad range of claims and is regularly called upon to advise and defend clients in matters related to trucking litigation, trucking accidents, accident investigation, construction accidents, labor law claims, OSHA investigations and premises and products liability issues.
Mr. Cambier represents clients in administrative and civil litigation in state and federal courts. He has successfully defended Fortune 500 companies in complex multi-million-dollar personal injury and wrongful death suits and regulatory claims.
In addition, he advises clients concerning compliance with safety regulations, the Motor Carrier Safety Act and the Department of Transportation; the best practices to limit exposure including the negotiation and review of contracts and leases; compliance with recordkeeping requirements; and OSHA and contamination matters.
Mr. Cambier frequently advises self-insured entities on policies and procedures when handling claims, regulatory compliance, coverage analysis and, when necessary, litigation. He also represents commercial and residential construction companies in matters related to payment disputes, liens, workplace accidents and personal injury litigation, and represents businesses and individuals in commercial, intellectual property and product liability litigation.
He is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Department and a member of the Next Generation Committee, providing mentoring and professional development for younger attorneys in the Firm.
- Successfully defended a national trucking company in numerous actions involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death
- Recovered over $300,000 on behalf of a regional bank in an action to set aside fraudulent conveyances
- Obtained a successful result in the meditation of a product liability lawsuit on behalf of an employer whose employee sustained a grave person injury
- Negotiated a six-figure settlement on behalf of two children who were attacked by their landlord’s dog
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a manufacturer’s sales representatives in a breach of contract action
- As lead trial counsel, obtained a six-figure verdict in favor of a plaintiff who was injured by her neighbors’ dog
- Negotiated a six-figure settlement on behalf of a plaintiff who was injured in an automobile collision
- Obtained summary judgment in defense of a contractor in an action alleging asbestos exposure
- Obtained a successful result in mediation on behalf of a plaintiff who sustained a workplace injury as a result of faulty machinery
- Assisted in obtaining a partial summary judgment relating to the issue of liability for a design-build contractor’s $1.3 million claim by a subcontractor on a construction project for a federal military installation
- Assisted in litigating various products liability cases in New York, California and Hawaii to successful conclusions via settlement