Thomas C. Cambier represents owners, developers, commercial and residential contractors, and suppliers in a wide range of legal matters from large-scale capital improvement projects and private developments to residential construction. Focusing his practice on his acute understanding of the construction industry, Mr. Cambier provides clients with practical and cost-effective solutions. He is regularly called upon to advise public and private entities in the process of negotiating and drafting design and construction agreements, including AIA design and construction contracts and EJCDC contracts.
Mr. Cambier also has extensive experience in construction litigation in matters related to construction defects, design, payment disputes, liens, OSHA investigations and premises and products liability issues. He represents clients in administrative and civil litigation in state and federal courts. He has successfully defended Fortune 500 companies in complex multi-million-dollar personal injury and wrongful death suits and regulatory claims.
He is a partner in the firm’s litigation department and a member of the Next Generation Committee, providing mentoring and professional development for younger attorneys in the firm.
- Successfully defended a national trucking company in numerous actions involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death
- Recovered over $300,000 on behalf of a regional bank in an action to set aside fraudulent conveyances
- Obtained a successful result in the mediation of a product liability lawsuit on behalf of an employer whose employee sustained a grave person injury
- Negotiated a six-figure settlement on behalf of two children who were attacked by their landlord’s dog
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a manufacturer’s sales representatives in a breach of contract action
- As lead trial counsel, obtained a six-figure verdict in favor of a plaintiff who was injured by her neighbors’ dog
- Negotiated a six-figure settlement on behalf of a plaintiff who was injured in an automobile collision
- Obtained summary judgment in defense of a contractor in an action alleging asbestos exposure
- Obtained a successful result in mediation on behalf of a plaintiff who sustained a workplace injury as a result of faulty machinery
- Assisted in obtaining a partial summary judgment relating to the issue of liability for a design-build contractor’s $1.3 million claim by a subcontractor on a construction project for a federal military installation
- Assisted in litigating various products liability cases in New York, California and Hawaii to successful conclusions via settlement