Joseph T. Mancuso is a partner in the Banking & Finance and Corporate Practices. He is a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee. Mr. Mancuso represents clients on matters involving business formations, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations, commercial transactions and other general corporate matters.
Mr. Mancuso has extensive experience representing both lenders and borrowers in a variety of middle market and other commercial finance transactions. He has structured, negotiated and documented senior, subordinated and mezzanine financing facilities of various types, including single, “club” and multi-bank, syndicated, general working capital, asset-based, cash flow, letters of credit, and construction and permanent project financing. He has represented issuers, underwriters and credit parties in connection with manufacturing, civic facility, health care facility and bank qualified bond transactions, as well as taxable and tax-exempt leasing transactions. Mr. Mancuso also represents industrial development agencies in sale/leaseback and straight lease transactions.
- Served as lead counsel to a shareholder group in the sale of an aviation fuel company to a transportation conglomerate.
- Served as lead counsel to a lender for a $200 million hospital expansion project.
- Served as lead counsel to a bank group for a construction/permanent loan involving historic tax credits for the renovation of the Syracuse-area Landmark Theatre.
- Served as lead counsel to a bank group for a $100 million syndicated credit facility for a major Northeast furniture retailer.
- Served as counsel to a major drug store chain for a $110 million revolving credit facility.
- Served as lead counsel to a large accounting firm in its merger with another accounting firm.
- Served as counsel to a shareholder group in sale of a food processing business to a major international conglomerate.
- Served as counsel to a shareholder group in the sale of a major regional insurance agency to a national publicly held insurance brokerage firm.
- Served as counsel to a project finance team for a $150 million ethanol plant.
- Served as lead counsel to numerous lenders in syndicated loan transactions and asset-based financing transactions.