James J. O’Shea is a partner in the Litigation Practice. He focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, debtor and creditor rights, estate litigation, insurance defense and personal injury.
- Assisted in the successful defense of the Officers and the Directors/Member Managers of a multi-national business at trial in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois, on breach of fiduciary claims seeking in excess of $3 million.
- Represented multiple businesses and individual shareholders in partnership disputes and dissolution proceedings in Courts throughout New York State.
- Represented various municipalities in multi-year tax certiorari actions.
- Obtained summary judgment for a regional business relating to the defense of a personal injury claim brought in Westchester County.
- Represented multiple business entities in defense of personal injury claims.
- Obtained in excess of $1 million in a judgment for a national business entity as a result of a business partner’s breach of contract.
- Represented a banking institution in the prosecution of its fraudulent conveyance claims, leading to a recovery in excess of $300,000.
- Represented numerous Estate Adminstrators and Power of Attorneys against breach of fiduciary claims.
- Represented an individual on various personal injury claims, obtaining a recovery in excess of $250,000.
- Assisted in obtaining a “no cause” verdict for a regional hospital on trial for alleged medical malpractice claims.