Richard W. Cook is the Leader of the Banking & Finance Practice and a partner in the Corporate Practice. He was Managing Partner of the Firm from 2004-2010 and served as a member of its Executive Committee from 1987-2010.
Mr. Cook represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and general corporate matters. He handles a variety of banking transactions, including asset-based lending, syndicated loans, letters of credit and general commercial matters. He is listed as approved bond counsel in The Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace (also known as “The Red Book”) and has represented issuers and credit parties for manufacturing, civic facility and health care facility bonds. Mr. Cook also represents municipalities issuing general obligation and revenue bonds.
- Represented a specialty aircraft parts manufacturer in a sale to an international aeronautics conglomerate.
- Represented a regional electrical parts distribution company in the sale to a major international electrical and industrial distributor.
- Counsel to a shareholder group in the sale of an aviation fuel company to a transportation conglomerate.
- Counsel to a lender for a hospital expansion project valued at $200 million.
- Transaction counsel for a shareholder group in a sale of a food processing business to a major international conglomerate.
- Lead counsel to a shareholder group in a sale of a major regional insurance agency to a national publicly held insurance brokerage firm.
- Represented lenders in numerous syndicated loan transactions and asset-based financing transactions.
- Lead counsel for a project finance team for a $150 million ethanol plant.