R. John Clark is the Leader of the Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Practice and a partner in the Banking & Finance Practice. In the banking and finance area, Mr. Clark represents lenders and borrowers in complex asset-based loan transactions, syndications and participations. In the corporate area, he advises clients concerning appropriate entity selection and structure, strategic and financial acquisitions and sales, entity restructuring/recapitalization and technology transfer/licensing matters. Mr. Clark has more than 20 years of experience representing clients in the corporate, banking and commercial transactions areas.
Mr. Clark also regularly represents clients in connection with distressed financial matters including corporate non-bankruptcy workouts and debt restructuring, as well as all aspects of the Chapter 11 reorganization process, including preference litigation, Section 363 assets sales, cash collateral agreements, claim negotiation and litigation, lien avoidance and plan confirmation issues.
- Served as lead counsel to a large national commercial bank in a $55 million asset-based loan to a large regional metals processor.
- Served as lead counsel to a large regional engineering firm in various recapitalization and stock redemption matters.
- Served as lead counsel to a regional healthcare software company in various software licensing and technology transfer matters.
- Served as lead counsel to various shopping mall owners in the Chapter 11 proceedings of a national consumer electronics company and a large regional grocery store chain.
- Served as lead counsel to several large regional manufacturers in various Section 363 asset sales transactions.