Christina M. Verone Juliano is an experienced litigator and trial attorney. She approaches litigation matters as a trusted adviser offering clients and insurance providers practical and timely advice throughout the engagement that support the business and individual objectives of the case. Ms. Verone Juliano has represented clients in a broad range of civil matters, including commercial disputes, medical and dental malpractice defense, personal injury and general insurance defense, asbestos and toxic tort litigation, employment litigation, environmental litigation regarding the New York State Navigation Law, and Article 78 proceedings regarding the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA).
Ms. Verone Juliano has developed a niche practice in representing and defending dentists and oral surgeons and their respective practices, wherein she focuses on helping clients navigate the complex nature of malpractice claims including recordkeeping and compliance with State and federal regulations. She also assists clients in forming professional dental corporations, drafting dental partnership agreements and shareholder agreements, reviewing dental office leases, revising and negotiating dental practice sales agreements, and counseling dentists on employment law and dental compliance matters.
In addition, Ms. Verone Juliano represents regional and national insurance carriers in all aspects of insurance coverage including wrongful death claims, personal and premises security claims and subrogation. The caliber of her work and reputation has earned her recognition by both peers and clients, having been named as an Upstate New York Super Lawyers Rising Star, as well as an Associate Fellow to the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only honorary society.
Ms. Verone Juliano is a member of the Fifth District Dental Society, a director at large for the Central New York Women’s Bar Association, a member and section executive board director for the New York State Bar Association, and a member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- Served as local counsel in defending multimillion dollar commercial insurance matter regarding coverage dispute
- Defended several dental practitioners in large, multi-district litigation involving almost 100 claimants alleging violations of New York General Business Law, fraud and dental malpractice. Participated in over 50 depositions across the country, and co-chaired trial in Onondaga County resulting in a defense verdict
- Served as local counsel in several major toxic tort cases involving benzene printing products in Onondaga County
- Acted as local counsel in large scale commercial dispute defending world’s largest operator of bowling centers against allegations of improper stock transfer of over $100 M
- Represented municipality in class action litigation involving alleged arsenic and lead exposure due to demolition of an inactive foundry, the claim involved a class of over 100 claimants
- Obtained defense jury verdict for a Dental Clinic and its oral surgeon for alleged malpractice in failure to diagnose for sinus communication of a foreign body after years of misdiagnosis
- Defended plastic surgeon and his office in employment discrimination matter, resulting in dismissal of all allegations
- Has successfully represented medical and dental practitioners before the New York State Office of Professional Medical Conduct and New York State Office of Professional Discipline
- Assisted in the prosecution of an action on behalf of a regional hospital for breach of contract and declaratory judgment (regarding the interpretation of contract provisions governing the reimbursement rate due the hospital for services rendered to patients insured by Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield) which resulted in additional revenues to the hospital in excess of $9 million
- Served as assistant trial counsel, prepared motions in limine, bench briefs, and proposed jury charges, when obtaining a favorable jury verdict for an oral surgeon relating to dental malpractice issues.
- Served as assistant trial counsel and obtained a successful settlement in plaintiff’s action for damages for serious injuries sustained by a rear-end collision
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a client in a breach of insurance contract matter arising from an issue regarding notice on a renewal policy. Decision was upheld by the Appellate Division Fourth Department
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an oral surgeon in a dental malpractice case arising from an issue of extracting the wrong tooth under the doctrine of res ipsa loquitor; decision was upheld by the Appellate Division Fourth Department
- Assisted in the successful obtainment of a declaratory judgment for a corporate client regarding a railroad easement and right-of-way dispute
- Assisted in the litigation of several products liability actions in federal and state court jurisdictions on behalf of a medical device manufacturer and a global orthopedic and prosthetic provider
- Assisted in the representation of a town board in an Article 78 proceeding challenging the SEQRA review of a proposed large-scale commercial wind turbine project