Anneliese Aliasso is an associate in the Firm’s Litigation and Startup & Emerging Business practices. She primarily concentrates her practice on commercial litigation, with extensive experience drafting memoranda, conducting legal research, and assisting in litigation. She has counseled clients through the preparation of complaints, responses to discovery demands, mediations, and settlement agreements, and has also litigated in state and local courts across Central New York. Ms. Aliasso also assists in the defense of Real Property Tax Law Article 7 proceedings.
Ms. Aliasso has significant experience assisting women and minority-owned businesses with the preparation of various diversity certification applications, including the New York State MWBE Program, Department of Transportation’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program, the City of Syracuse MWBE program, and the Port Authority of the State of New York and New Jersey MWBE program. Ms. Aliasso is regularly involved in the MWBE appeals process.
- Represented a local pest-control company in a dispute regarding payment for professional services and obtained the full payment of outstanding invoices for the company.
- Represented a local business in an eviction matter and obtained a warrant of eviction and judgment for all outstanding rent owed.
- Represented an out-of-state business in staying the enforcement of judgment on grounds of breach of contract and improper business practices after the merchant advance lender improperly entered the judgment by confession against an out-of-state defendant.
- Represented a Buffalo-based business in appealing the denial of its WBE certification, ultimately resulting in the business being certified as a WBE.
- Defended a municipality in an RPTL Article 7 tax proceeding, resulting in full dismissal of the Article 7 petition on procedural grounds.