Ally L. Colvin is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate and Real Estate practice areas. She represents a broad range of clients in corporate matters including drafting and negotiating corporate documents, investor agreements, operating/shareholder agreements, independent contractor agreements, and stock/asset purchase agreements. She represents commercial real estate clients in leasing agreements, license agreements, and financing. She also has broad experience with the New York State Liquor Authority, representing restaurants in applying for and obtaining liquor licenses and with New York State Liquor Authority violations.
Prior to joining Hancock Estabrook, Ms. Colvin practiced in Auburn, New York where she assisted clients with corporate, real estate, New York State Liquor Authority and administrative matters. Ms. Colvin began her career at Helbraun & Levey, LLP in Manhattan, where she was an associate and then partner, working with hospitality clients on commercial leases, corporate documents, and licensures issues including obtaining and maintaining liquor licenses, sidewalk café permits and food permits and related administrative hearings.
Ms. Colvin graduated magna cum laude from Syracuse University and earned a J.D. at St. John’s University School of Law. She is a member of the Board of Directors of the Auburn YMCA-WEIU and is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Auburn Business Improvement District.
- Currently representing a myriad of local bars and restaurants with New York State Liquor licensure and compliance.
- Currently representing a number of multi-unit New York City restaurant groups, navigating opening and closing multiple units during the COVID-19 pandemic, including modifying locations’ commercial leases.
- Represented a local craft beer bar in changing its New York State Liquor Authority license class and moving its location, ultimately resulting in increased profitability and foot traffic.
- Represented a local winery in obtaining its farm winery license in the Finger Lakes.
- Represented a local wedding venue in obtaining its catering establishment license.
- Served as an advisor to a local municipality updating its “sidewalk café” licensing program during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Represented a local business with a County Health Department violation, ultimately resulting in a 90% reduction in the original penalty fines.