Hancock Estabrook, LLP, one of Upstate New York’s leading law firms, is seeking a Paralegal with strong accounting knowledge to join a well-established and highly regarded Trusts and Estates Department. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in accounting with preference given to applicants with estate planning/probate experience.
- Estate and trust accounting.
- Preparing fiduciary income tax returns including estate and gift tax returns.
- Preparing probate, inventories and settlement documents for the administration of estates and trusts.
- Extensive interactions with internal and external clients.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent of education/experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting a plus but not required.
- Prior experience in accounting.
- Law firm or other professional services experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ Professional References/Letters of Recommendation.
Salary and Benefits:
Hancock Estabrook will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on experience, including medical, dental and vision coverage; a 401(k) and profit-sharing retirement plan; paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and life insurance. Join a work environment that earned Hancock Estabrook the distinction of being one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York. Hancock Estabrook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and references/letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.