Hancock Estabrook, LLP seeks to hire an experienced Director of Human Resources to oversee employee relations, budgets, staffing, compliance, payroll and benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Managing and supervising all paralegals, legal assistants and support staff.
- Identifying staffing needs.
- Recruiting and interviewing the best candidates for staff positions.
- Supervising the onboarding and training of personnel.
- Evaluating personnel and conducting performance reviews.
- Tracking vacation and other time off.
- Counseling personnel who are not complying with Firm policies and taking appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Handling employee status changes including leaves of absences and separations.
- Administering all employee benefit programs including COBRA, FMLA, PFL, workers’ compensation, HRA, FSA and group medical/dental, life insurance, disability insurance, supplemental insurance and attend workers’ compensation hearings when necessary.
- Managing the payroll process.
- Conducting staff meetings and planning Firm events.
- Maintaining personnel records for all employees.
- Maintaining the firm’s employee handbook and developing and implementing human resources policies.
- Preparing and administering the Firm’s personnel and benefits budget.
- Other administrative duties and special projects.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10 or more years of human resources experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in a human resources management role.
- Law firm or other professional services experience.
- Knowledge of labor regulations, laws and compliance experience
- Strong management and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing, and to work well with people at all levels of the Firm.
- Honest, confidential, firm, fair, professional, dependable and innovative.
- Able to prioritize and manage numerous projects/tasks in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Able to manage, coach and motivate personnel to provide exceptional client service and a quality work product.
- Team player who can foster a collegial, positive and professional work environment.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, payroll software and document management software.
- 3+ Professional References/Letters of Recommendation.
Salary and Benefits:
Hancock Estabrook will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on experience, including medical, dental and vision coverage; a 401(k) and profit-sharing retirement plan; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; and life insurance. Join a work environment that earned Hancock Estabrook the distinction of being one of the Best Companies To Work For in New York. Hancock Estabrook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and references/letters of recommendation to: email@example.com.