Cora A. Alsante is the leader of the Elder Law & Special Needs, Tax and Trusts & Estates Practices and is a member of the Executive Committee. Ms. Alsante focuses her practice on estate planning, trusts, planning for the elderly and disabled, and estate and trust administration. She represents individuals and numerous assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
Ms. Alsante was instrumental in creating and establishing the Loretto Foundation Community Trust, a pooled supplemental needs trust, which benefits many seniors and disabled individuals in the community.
Ms. Alsante frequently lectures for organizations such as the New York State Bar Association, Onondaga County Bar Association, and Alzheimer's Association on topics including guardianships, supplemental needs trusts, estate planning, planning for the elderly and disabled, and estate and trust administration.
Ms. Alsante was named one of the "Top 25 Female Upstate New York Super Lawyers" for 2011 and 2013.
- Rated, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America (2009 – 2014)
- Selected, New York – Upstate, Super Lawyers (2008 - 2013)
- Selected, Top 25 Female Upstate New York Super Lawyers (2011 and 2013)
- Fellow, American College of Trusts & Estates
- Member, Special Needs Alliance
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Executive Committee Member, New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- Member, Onondaga County Bar Association
- Member, CNY Women's Bar Association, Judicial Screening Committee
- Member, Loretto Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Past President, New York Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Past Chair, New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Past Member, New York State Bar Association, Committee on Health Care Issues and CLE Committee
- Hancock Estabrook's Second Annual Advisors to Small Business Symposium (June 2014)
- Estate & Long Term Care Planning Breakfast Club, "Hot Topics in Long-Term Care Planning: An Interactive Discussion" (May 2014)
- New York State Bar Association, "Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law" (June 2013)
- Hancock Estabrook's Annual Advisors to Small Business Symposium (June 2013)
- 2013 Elder Law Fair, "Estate Planning for Special Needs" (May 2013)
- Elder Law Fair (May 2012)
- Embracing Age (Franciscan Companies) (May 2012)
- University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., 1988
- Hamilton College, B.S., academic honors, 1985
- New York