Cora A. Alsante is the Leader of the Elder Law & Special Needs Practice and a partner in the Tax and Trusts & Estates Practices. She is also member of the Firm's Executive Committee. Ms. Alsante focuses her practice on estate planning, trusts, planning for the elderly and disabled, and estate and trust administration. She represents individuals and numerous assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
Ms. Alsante frequently lectures for organizations such as the New York State Bar Association, Onondaga County Bar Association, Special Needs Alliance and Alzheimer's Association on topics including guardianships, supplemental needs trusts, estate planning, planning for the elderly and disabled, and estate and trust administration.
Ms. Alsante was instrumental in creating and establishing the Loretto Foundation Community Trust, a pooled supplemental needs trust, which benefits many seniors and disabled individuals in the community.
Ms. Alsante was named one of the "Top 25 Female Upstate New York Super Lawyers" for 2011 and 2013 and was selected as a Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of “Litigation - Trusts and Estates” for 2015.
- Rated, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Litigation - Trusts and Estates (2015)
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America (2009-2015)
- Selected, New York – Upstate, Super Lawyers (2008-2014)
- Selected, Top 25 Female Upstate New York Super Lawyers (2011 and 2013)
- Fellow, American College of Trusts & Estates
- President, New York Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Executive Committee Member, New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- Member, Special Needs Alliance
- Member, Onondaga County Bar Association
- Member, PACE CNY, Board of Trustees
- Member, Loretto Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Past Member, CNY Women's Bar Association, Judicial Screening Committee
- Past President, New York Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Past Chair, New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Past Member, New York State Bar Association, CLE Committee
- NYSBA, "Utilizing Supplemental Needs Trusts for Persons with Disabilities" (May 2015)
- NYSBA Trusts and Estates Law Section Spring Meeting (April 2015)
- Second Annual Advisors to Small Business Symposium (June 2014)
- Estate & Long Term Care Planning Breakfast Club, "Hot Topics in Long-Term Care Planning: An Interactive Discussion" (May 2014)
- New York State Bar Association, "Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law" (June 2013)
- Hancock Estabrook's Annual Advisors to Small Business Symposium (June 2013)
- 2013 Elder Law Fair, "Estate Planning for Special Needs" (May 2013)
- Elder Law Fair (May 2012)
- Embracing Age (Franciscan Companies) (May 2012)
- University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., 1988
- Hamilton College, B.S., academic honors, 1985
- New York